Through the Farming Resilience Fund, farmers and land managers who receive BPS payments can access free, independent business advice.
In this film, we travel to Shropshire to meet rare breed pig farmers Sarah and Byron Odell. Together with their adviser Karen Fisher, they describe their business objectives and the advice they were given.
Thanks to Sarah, Byron and Karen for taking part in our film.
Access free advice today
You can make contact with an adviser in your area directly. The full list of advice providers is arranged by county on GOV.UK.
An adviser will:
- explain how farming in England is changing
- set out the funding on offer
- work with you to identify how you could adapt, what you will need to do and when
Advice can be given in a variety of ways, for example, through:
- one-to-one consultations
- farm visits
- reports with recommendations
- access to workshops, webinars and tours
- networking opportunities so you can get ideas and support from other farmers
If you have technical difficulties accessing the list of providers, please call Defra's helpline on 0345 933 5577.