About this blog
This blog launched in November 2020.
Why we blog
“We'll use this blog to share our work with anyone and everyone who's interested in it. We'll post frequent short updates, some about big important announcements but mostly about smaller incremental steps we take along the way. We’re keen to establish an open ongoing conversation with the farming community. This blog is one method we can use to publish our thoughts as they develop and change over time. We believe that making things open makes them better.”
How we blog
We publish regularly and encourage people to subscribe to the blog. By subscribing, you'll never miss an update.
This blog helps us to work in the open. Discussion is encouraged.
We ask that when you leave a comment on a blog post you:
- are respectful of others who use this site
- stay on topic
- keep comments concise
- do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it's inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.
Blog comments are read by the editor before they are approved to check they comply with the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) blog participation guidelines above.
If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
We will do our best to answer questions as quickly as possible.
You can leave your thoughts on any post.
If you'd like to contact the editor directly, email Sarah.Stewart2@defra.gov.uk